Important Dates: There is a rolling application through May 15. Interviews will begin the week May 1. Fellow selections will be made by May 30.
Please Note: GK-12 Fellowships are available to US citizens and Permanent Residents. In summer 2015, the GK-12 Fellow will complete a one-week training program as well as work with a high school teacher in the area local to Drexel in a two-week development program (totaling a 3-week summer commitment). Fellows will then work with the teacher and their students for a minimum of 10-hours a week during the school year. The mission of our GK-12 Program is to enhance the math and science education of high school students through the context of the National Academy of Engineering (NAE) Grand Challenges while concurrently illustrating the global nature of these societal issues.
To be considered for the NSF GK-12 program at Drexel University, you must...
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Be available for the following commitments over the summer
- one-week, fellow-training program at the end of June
- two-week development program working with a local high school teacher at the beginning of August
- Two letters of recommendation emailed to the GK-12 Program Manager, Jessica Ward, with the applicant name in the subject line of the email.
- One letter of recommendation from your research advisor that addresses the following:
- How long they have known you
- Evaluation of your abilities in the classroom
- A statement acknowledging that if selected you will need to devote a minimum of 10 hours per week in the classroom throughout the academic year as well as group Fellow meetings.
- One additional letter of recommendation
- Upload the following materials in a zipped archive as part of your application below
- A copy of your resume
- A copy of your official transcripts from former undergraduate and graduate institutions attended (unofficial transcripts are acceptable, subject to verification).
- Complete the following essay questions:
- Essay #1: Please describe how your current research relates to one or more of the NAE Grand Challenges. Hypothesize/describe the potential global impact of this connection (500 word max).
- Essay #2: Please describe how you will benefit from and contribute to the GK12 program (250 word max).
- Complete the application below